The Economic Development Committee will assess the relationship between planning and economic development in the New York City metropolitan area. We will initiate a dialogue between the development community and regional and local planning interests.
The Economic Development Committee seeks to:
- Understand the broader economic impacts of local planning decisions
- Identify ways in which planning can best enhance economic development in NYC region
- Study how planning decisions affect job retention and job creation
- Identify findings from prior planning and economic development that should support new public policy
- Quantify the direct and indirect impacts of economic development activities
- Determine how public funding and incentives can best be applied to promote economic development