Environmental Committee Meeting July 24th
AKRF Offices, New York, NY
Event Type: Conference
Please join us at our next Environmental Committee Meeting, scheduled for Wednesday, July 24th at 6:15pm at AKRF – 7th Fl.
We will be discussing our upcoming events, including:
We will also discuss proposed legislation by NYC Council related to CEQR.
The full package of legislation being considered includes:
- Intro. 252, sponsored by Council Member Antonio Reynoso, in relation to tracking mitigation strategies in final environmental impact statements as part of the uniform land use review process
- Intro. 1487, sponsored by Council Member Francisco Moya, in relation to studying the incidence of secondary displacement resulting from neighborhood rezonings
- Intro. 1523, sponsored by Council Member Mark Gjonaj, in relation to studying and reporting on transportation impacts of decisions of CPC in connection with certain land use actions
- Intro. 1531, sponsored by Council Member Francisco Moya, in relation to studying and reporting on the education capacity and overcrowding impacts of decisions of CPC in connection with certain land use actions
- Reso. 0009, sponsored by Council Member Inez Barron, which calls on the Mayor and certain city agencies to re-examine standards in the CEQR regulations and Technical Manual for assessing and mitigating possible adverse impacts of zonings
- Council Hearing Highlights Big Gaps in City Planning Processes(The Gotham Gazette)
- Rezonings Transform NYC Neighborhoods—But the City Doesn’t Meaningfully Study Their Impacts (Curbed New York)