2022 APA-NYM Chapter Annual Conference
New York City College of Technology (City Tech), Brooklyn, New York
Event Type: Conference
Join us for this year’s APA New York Metro Chapter Conference, together with hundreds of regional planners, officials, students, and allied professionals. Registration is open HERE.
When: Friday, October 21, 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Where: Brooklyn City Tech, 285 Jay Street, Brooklyn, NY
Questions and Sponsorship Opportunities: contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Earn up to 7.5 CM credits, including Ethics, Sustainability, and Equity. Breakfast, lunch, and a networking reception are included! Join us for the following sessions (more details to come!):
Thursday, October 20
– Ferry Tour: Brooklyn Waterfront Resiliency
– Walking Tour: Lower Manhattan Climate Resilience 10 Years After Sandy
Friday, October 21
– Planning with Foresight Keynote Panel with Juan Camilo Osorio Botero, Petra Hurtado, Ronald Shiffman, and Sreoshy Banerjea
– Inclusive Climate Action Planning
– Equitable Recovery Strategies for the City’s Secondary and Outer Borough CBDs
– Neighborhood Fare: Tools for Connecting Local Food Systems
– The Right to the Right-of-Way and the Future of Post-Pandemic Streetscapes
– Resilient Edgemere: Rebuilding Sustainably and Equitably through Community Land Trusts
– Connecting the East Bronx: Planning for Equitable Transit-Oriented Development
– Redefining Community for Each Planning Exercise
– Elevating Youth Voices in Planning with DivComm’s Youth Urban Leadership Program and the Mission Society of NY
– Planning for the Public Good: The Highest Imperative in the AICP Code of Ethics
Request for Session Proposals: Submit by August 12!
We are now accepting session proposals! This year’s chapter conference will take place in-person on Friday, October 21, 2022, organized around the theme “Planning with Foresight.” We invite you to submit proposals for innovative sessions (panels, workshops, walking tours, etc.) that focus on the theme and have a diversity of speakers.
Proposals are due by Friday, August 12 at 5PM EST.
Submit your proposal here: https://forms.gle/AP9JPx8VMHQ54uNb6
Questions? Email email@example.com
Save the date to join the APA NYM Chapter in person on Friday, October 21, 2022 in downtown Brooklyn!
This year’s conference theme is “Planning with Foresight.” We will address the challenges associated with COVID recovery, social justice, climate action, inequities in affordable housing, and much more. Planning with foresight requires a proactive, rather than reactive, approach. We will explore what values, strategies, and tools planners can use to address resiliency, transportation, socioeconomic mobility, sustainable growth, and equitable access for marginalized communities.
F – Futuristic
O – Opportunity, Open Space
R – Resiliency
E – Equity, Efficiency
S – Social Justice, Safety/Vision Zero
I – Inclusivity, Innovation, Infrastructure
G – Gender Equality, Growth
H – Housing, Historic Preservation
T – Transit, Transportation, and Land Use