2020 APA-NYM Chapter Annual Conference
Event Type: Conference
Join us for this year’s APA New York Metro (APA-NYM) Chapter Annual Conference!
Registration is now open HERE. Conference links will be sent to all registered attendees the week of October 12th.
When: Thursday, October 15, & Friday, October 16, 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Where: Virtual (look for an email from Whova after registration with all instructions, check your spam folder)
Conference Program: HERE
Conference Speakers List: HERE
This year’s conference program will cover topics including planning responses to COVID-19, race, and planning, and community engagement. The conference will include thirteen sessions, two keynote speakers, awards, and networking over the course of two days. Earn up to 11 AICP CM credits and network virtually with hundreds of regional planners, officials, students, and allied professionals.
Our confirmed keynote speakers:
- Mitchell Silver, Commissioner, NYC Dept. of Parks & Recreation
- Maria Torres-Springer, VP of US Programs, Ford Foundation
20202 APA-NYM Awards
The annual Chapter Awards will be held at the close of each day. Each year, the Chapter bestows recognition on individuals, organizations, and projects that exemplify the best of the metropolitan region’s planning work. Join us to learn who are this year’s awardees in the following categories:
- Lawrence M. Orton Award for leadership in city and regional planning
- Paul Davidoff Award for leadership in housing and equal opportunity
- Andrew Haswell Green Award for individuals who have made outstanding contributions for a period of at least 15 years
- Meritorious Service or Achievement Award for work of unusual merit or achievement
- Journalism Award for print, broadcast, or web-based work
- William H. Whyte Award for creativity and ingenuity in planning
- Robert W. Ponte Award for a significant contribution to the vitality of the New York area through economic planning and development
- Floyd Lapp Award for distinguished service to the APA-NYM Chapter
Thank you to our sponsors!
Become a sponsor and reserve a spot for your company’s logo.
The APA-NYM supports our members, local communities, schools, and practicing professionals through advocating for good planning practice, hosting diverse events, and facilitating professional development opportunities in New York City, Long Island (Nassau and Suffolk Counties), Hudson Valley East, and the Hudson Valley West. The Chapter represents more than 1,000 practicing planners and other people involved in the planning and design of the region’s communities.