N360 Program Manager
Organization: Davidson Community Center, Inc.
Posted: August 8, 2017 | Closing: August 31, 2017
The Davidson Community Center Inc., founded in 1965, is a non-profit community based organization with a history of cooperative programming serving children, families and seniors throughout the Northwest Bronx. Our programs are designed to empower the community through education, training and advocacy by working together with community leaders from local residents, youth, business owners, police, municipal workers and civic groups.
We believe that essential skills, training and education are crucial tools for a thriving community. In addition to program services we have partnered with local clinics, mental health centers, local merchants and other resources also available to community residents.
The Program Manager is a grant-funded position that is funded through June 30, 2018, with the possibility of renewal for up to two additional years. Reporting to the Executive Director of Davidson Community Center, the Program Manager will serve primarily as an on-the-ground resource, building relationships with business owners and local stakeholders, assessing merchant needs, and overseeing commercial revitalization initiatives.
The Program Manager will work with partner organizations and local stakeholders to ensure that the initiatives are being implemented as planned and within the projected timeline, and will be responsible for administrative management of the Neighborhood 360° Program, serving as primary liaison with the NYC Department of Small Business Services (SBS).
The Program Manager is responsible for:
- Ongoing development of the Burnside Avenue Merchants Association, including setting best practices for oversight and governance with support from SBS and recruiting new merchants into the Merchants Association
- Ensure ongoing feedback and lines of communication between the Merchants Association, community residents, and other stakeholders
- Compile and update on a regular basis the profile of the Burnside Avenue Commercial District, including developing a database of current merchants, area stakeholders, and institutions
- Planning and implementing community events
- Writing and managing all communication, including program newsletters, blog and social media outreach effort
- Ensure sub-contracts are executed in a timely manner
- Advise program partners on grant funds management and budget planning, including terms of grant awards and requirements
- Prepare and coordinate the submission of monthly financial reports to Burnside Avenue Commercial District Steering Committee and SBS
- Prepare and coordinate the submission of deliverables
- The ideal candidate must be an excellent communicator, have the ability to manage multiple projects with aggressive timelines, be detail-oriented, innovative thinker, and a creative problem-solver.
- BA/BS Degree or High School Diploma or equivalent experience with 3 years of experience in economic development, small business assistance, or commercial revitalization
- Comfortable working independently in the field and as part of a teaming fast-paced, deadline driven environment. At least 25% of the Manager’s time will be in the field.
- Committed to engaging diverse constituents in underserved communities and supporting small businesses
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Self-starter, with ability to manage projects and tasks without constant supervision
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving skills and communication skills. Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Knowledge of accounting software.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The salary for this position is commensurate with experience, with a salary range between $45,000 and $50,000 annually.
How to Apply
Please Send Cover Letter, Resume, References and Salary Requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
**Please indicate N360 Program Manager in subject of e-mail.**