Requests for Proposals Submit an RFP
SCOPE OF SERVICES
The Village seeks a consultant to assist the Board of Trustees as lead agency in preparation of amendments to the Village Comprehensive Plan to include the following:
1. Revise population demographics.
2. Incorporate new projects/Planning Initiatives.
3. Highlight open recommendations of the 2012 Comprehensive Plan Update.
4. Identify parties responsible for implementing recommendations.
5. Incorporate a new chapter on sustainability and resiliency.
6. Recommend modifications in the zoning regulations to protect and enhance the integrity and character of neighborhoods.
• Sustainability Chapter- The first major focus of this amendment is to incorporate a new chapter on sustainability and resiliency. While the Village has made strides in becoming a sustainable community, including its recent status as a climate smart community, there is no cohesive sustainability program that brings together the numerous disjointed and ongoing sustainable initiatives such as LED street light upgrades and green infrastructure incentives. The consultant will review ongoing sustainability practices and integrate existing sustainability measures while also identifying gaps or shortcomings. Consultant shall recommend additional sustainability measures and develop project matrix goals and implementation mechanisms for both short and long term goals.
• Zoning Amendments – The second major focus of this amendment is to continue the work initiated by the 2016 Residential Zoning Analyses. The Consultant will recommend modifications in the zoning regulations that would protect and enhance the integrity and character of neighborhoods.
• Community Participation- The Village of Mamaroneck continues to recognize the importance of public participation in the planning process. The consultant shall provide the Village of Mamaroneck with a plan for public outreach and engagement in the proposal. The consultant shall facilitate at least one public workshop with community members. The consultant will facilitate and organize input from appropriate volunteer boards, including the Planning Board, Harbor Coastal Zone Management Commission, Zoning Board of Appeals, Board of Architectural Review, Committee for the Environment, Tree Committee, and the Flood Mitigation Advisory Committee. The consultant will facilitate at least one global workshop with representatives from these volunteer boards. Furthermore, the consultant will interface with the Planning Department and other appropriate departments, such as the Manager’s Office, Department of Public Works, etc., who will provide input and guidance to the consultant regarding ongoing projects and initiatives.
• Adoption- The consultant’s proposal shall include a timeline and work plan for with specified steps in the planning process. Each phase in the process shall be accompanied by a descriptive budget. The public meetings that are outlined above should be included in the timeline and placed in appropriate locations in the process. The adoption of the plan will be subject to the New York State Environmental Quality Review Act. The Village is also a LWRP community and the plan will also be subject to a consistency review. As such the consultant shall include the timelines and costs associated with the review.
For detailed questions please contact Greg Cutler at the Planning Department, email@example.com
Full RFP: http://www.village.mamaroneck.ny.us/Pages/MamaroneckNY_planning/Comprehensive%20Plan%20RFP.pdf
The Village of Mount Kisco is a diverse community with hundreds of acres of open space, miles of hiking trails, recreational programs and activities for people of all ages, a vibrant downtown, a Metro-North train station that enables residents and commuters to easily get to New York City in approximately 40 minutes, and is close […]
The Norwalk Parking Authority seeks the development of a Parking Capacity Study and Strategic
Parking Plan (the Plan) to provide a comprehensive, city-wide framework that helps to articulate
and clarify a vision and approach for parking in the city of Norwalk. The Plan will serve to align
policy-makers, city staff, residents, business and property owners, and all other stakeholders so
that parking goals outlined in the Plan are shared and reflect a common vision for the city as a
whole. The overall plan should explore innovative strategies and parking values from a variety of
user’s perspectives so that the implementation tools outlined in the plan can be used by all
stakeholders to achieve the best parking plan possible. The plan will create strategies to benefit the
business and residential communities and visiting public and offer solutions and best practices that
will assist the city and the Norwalk Parking Authority.
HUDSON HIGHLANDS FJORD TRAIL GEIS AND CONSTRUCTION-READY ENGINEERING AND BID DOCUMENTS FOR THE RIVERFRONT TRAIL SEGMENT RFP for consultant services to complete the GEIS and engineering work to advance the completion of the Hudson Highlands Fjord Trail in the scenic Hudson Highlands region of the Hudson River Valley north of NYC. The Town (Philipstown) has been […]
The Town of North Castle is soliciting qualified consulting firms to submit a proposal to prepare a Comprehensive Plan for the Town. The first Town Development Plan (comprehensive plan) was adopted in 1958. The plan has since been updated in 1967, 1974 and 1996. The Town is therefore seeking a new update to the Comprehensive […]
The Norwalk Redevelopment Agency, Norwalk, CT, is seeking a qualified professional planning firm or consultant to facilitate a community planning process that culminates in a Freese Park Master Plan, including construction plans and bid specifications. The selected consultant will facilitate public outreach efforts, develop conceptual elements based on the input received through public participation efforts, […]